This Blog has been moved

Finally i moved this blog to my new server.

You can reach it under:

http://blog.blendervortex.com

Cheers
Linny

Advertisements

Living in The Slum: Final Image

With just a couple of days left and not much spare/free time left, i decided to change the original scene i had in mind a bit.

Originally i intended to do a more dramatic scene showing off the violent circumstances in those slums.
But this would involve human characters and i just had not the time to finish the three main characters. There would of course be a shortcut,
using i.e. makehuman. in an real-world project not an issue, but within a competition it would be cheating i guess.

So i decided to go for a more lonesome and sad scene.
I hope you like it. Maybe i will finish the original scene i had in mind, if i can find the time to.

And the clay rendering:

 

And last but not least, some statistics:

Renderer: Blender internal
Polygons: 10.5 mio
Rendertime: 13 min 26 sec
CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 dualcore w. 8 GB RAM

Fun with Dynamic-Paint

Today i played a bit with Miika Hämäläinen’s excellent Dynamic-Paint GSOC project.

I tried to burn paper. i know that the flames and the sparks don’t look very real. But realism was not the purpose of this test.
It was more a quick proof of concept.